In case you don’t follow me on instagram and haven’t been watching my stories, I’ve been getting back into reading lately. I’m not sure what sparked it, exactly, but usually when I find a hobby or interest, I get super into it (to an obsessive degree?) for some time. However, I’ve always been a bookworm from when I was little and first starting to read, so I think this one will be here to stay.
There’s something about reading in the summer that makes it more enjoyable. During college, I’d read SO many books during semester breaks when I didn’t have any required reading for my classes. I finally got back into reading to that extent this summer. I read 5 books in July, and 6 books this August – including two of my favorite books of the entire year.
I borrow a lot of books from the library and read e-books, so I can’t do a super instagrammer picture of the pile of books I read this month. But I can still do a quick wrap-up of August!
- Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
- Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall
- Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles